LES DAMES D’ESCOFFIER OF AUSTIN HOSTS “EN GARDE!” CELEBRATION
A Night of Food & Wine Celebrating the Women who are Leading Austin’s Culinary Scene
Join Us in Providing Scholarships and Grants to Local Austin Women
AUSTIN, TX (DATE, 2017) – Les Dames d’Escoffier of Austin hosts its annual “En Garde!” celebration and live auction to raise money for scholarships and grants for Austin women in the culinary, wine, food artisan and hospitality professions. The Austin Dames will award $10,000 in scholarships and stipends at the annual event, hosted at Barr Mansion on Thursday, September 28, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
“The En Garde! party and fundraiser is truly a celebration of the amazing accomplishments of so many women in the culinary scene in Austin – from today’s fabulous chefs and wine professionals to those young women who are currently in school or pursuing advanced certifications,” says Carol Huntsberger, president of Les Dames d’Escoffier of Austin and owner of Quality Seafood.
Highlights of the En Garde! evening include:
- Baubles & Bubbles VIP experience sponsored by Kendra Scott with bites by Juliet Italian Kitchen, bubbles by Virtuoso Wines, and entertainment by Aunt Ruby’s Sweet Jazz Babies
- Exclusive to VIP Guests – Each guest will get to judge the ultimate pastry competition between Chefs Abby Love from Dai Due and Amanda Rockman from South Congress Hotel
- All guests will enjoy a live, on-stage “Chopped-style” competition between Chefs Janelle Reynolds of @t Large catering and Jennifer Costello of The Bonneville
- Take home a bottle of wine when you “Out Somm the Somm” with Rae Wilson of Wine for the People
- Enjoy bites from Alcomar, Andiamo, Barley Swine, Barr Mansion, Buenos Aires Café, Bullfight, Juniper,
- L’Oca d’Oro, Odd Duck, Second Bar + Kitchen, Taco Flats, VOX Table and Wu Chow
- Beverages provided by Alta Palla, Virtuoso Wines, Deep Eddy Vodka, Spiribam Rhum,
- Patron Tequila, and C-Force water
The Austin Dames will award scholarships ($4,000 each) to local women who are pursuing full-time culinary coursework in a culinary arts program for professional development. In addition, for the first time, the organization will also offer “Beyond the Classroom” stipends (up to $2,000 each) for women pursuing continuing education in the food, beverage and hospitality industry.
A limited number of VIP tickets are available, $75 in advance and $85 at the door. General admission tickets are $50 in advance and $65 at the door. For tickets, go to http://ldeiaustin.org/food-fight/.
The event is made possible thanks to the generous support of Whole Foods Market, Texas Beef Council, Open Table and Quality Seafood. Other sponsors include McCormick for Chefs, Go Texan and Performance Food Group.
LDEI is an international organization of women leaders who create a supportive culture in their communities to achieve excellence in the food, beverage, and hospitality professions. To do this, members in our chapters provide leadership, educational opportunities and host philanthropic events within their communities. The Austin Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier was founded in 2003 and represents more than 50 culinary women professionals in the Austin area. For more information, visit LDEIaustin.org or on Facebook at Les Dames d’Escoffier Austin Chapter.
FOOD FIGHT SPONSORS
Executive Chef Level
Thanks to our Food Fight Underwriters!