The Austin Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International offers scholarships for local women who are pursuing full-time culinary coursework in a culinary arts program for professional development. The amount given for each scholarship is $4,000.
Academic Scholarship applicant must have completed at least 20 credit hours, have a G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher, and be enrolled currently in a local certificate or associate’s degree program in culinary arts, baking and pastry, or hospitality and restaurant management. Scholarships are awarded based on academic accomplishments, references, financial need, goals, aspirations, initiative, and culinary-related experience.
Beginning this year, we will also offer a stipend for women in the food, wine, restaurant and/or hospitality industry: Beyond the Classroom. This scholarship will reimburse recipient up to $2000 for career-related continuing education expenses, such as conference attendance, exams and professional certification (for example, Certified Culinary Professional or Certified Sommelier).
Beyond the Classroom applicant must be currently employed in the food industry, with two or more years relevant experience. Applicant will show the educational opportunity will benefit and advance her career. In addition, past accomplishments, references and career goals will be considered.
LDEI is an international organization of women leaders who create a supportive culture in their communities to achieve excellence in the food, beverage, and hospitality professions. To do this, members in our chapters provide leadership, educational opportunities and host philanthropic events within their communities.
Before you apply, please consider the following:
- Scholarship funds may be used for tuition or program fees only. Checks will be issued directly to institutions. Funds may not be applied to living expenses.
- Stipend reimbursements will be paid to the award recipient after receipts are received.
- Letters of reference must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the application deadline from the two references listed in your application.
- Applications must be submitted online by 11:59 pm, Saturday, September 1, 2017.
- You can submit your application, then return to edit or complete it by saving the bookmark you receive after you click submit.
Questions? Call Meredith Beeman-Lynes, Scholarship Committee Chair, at 512-565-5629.
Learn more about previous scholarship recipients: